I believe that declaring your goals leads to accountability so here goes…
- In 2018 I want to get back to running, I declare to run 3 times per week and complete 9 local running events throughout the year. This is a physical and mental health goal for me.
- I will accept what I have and be happy. I always want more, not greedy want more, I just want to be more and have more, this is not focused on goods like clothes, shoes, or just things, this is more focusing on nurturing relationships and improving on what I gained in 2017. This is the toughest goal as this is only measurable by feeling and I am driven by measure so a stretch goal for sure.
- In 2018, I will expand on my personal development. I have grown my career in the hotel business over the last many years. In 2016 I started a blog and worked to grow in 2017, this year, I plan to launch something of my own. Through my blog, you will join me on this journey of discovery and hopefully see me in person via small events or organizational assistance.
How do I plan to do it? Just like I achieved my goals in 2016 and 2017, using these steps:
- Set goals- be realistic, don’t bite off more than you can chew, this is how people give up quickly
- Understand- your goals- why did you choose them? What do they look like?
- Declaration- say it, note it, make it official
- Set a plan- what strategies are going to help you achieve these goals, be real about this and know it may shift throughout the year
- Set tactics- what things are you going to do to get you to this goal
- **note here, I sit down at the beginning and set one thing to do every week, one, just one, that will get me to my goals, makes the steps to getting there so much small, you can accomplish that one thing per week and keeps you on track
- don’t forget to schedule in a check in on your progress a few times throughout the year
Now, get to work on your goals, I am, if you need some help, I can do that too! Just reach out, happy to share some tips and tricks (a tactic to support goal number 3, see how easy?!?!).